Thursday, February 08, 2007

Another weekend in KL and a quick trip Back to PG

It's nearly a week since I was in KL again. After GRA's Driving advantage, suby developed a slight problem which couldn't be solved. So I had to leave suby to the experts to take a look. It seems that the Mass Airflow Unit was giving problems. But after much troubleshooting they found a burnt wire that actually caused a pin on the ECU to evaporate. Lucky YSKHONG MOTORSPORTS had the expertise to sort out that issue.

Hopped on a bus back on Monday night and went back to KL on Saturday. Sorted some other small issues that was caused from that burnt wire and all was good. So a Saturday night in KL, people would usually go partayyy. But nooooo, we motorheads would rather go driving (not that i was against it). Thanks to some of the GRA members who planned this trip. So having got the car back and ready to go, I met up with the gang. At the Karak pump station, in total i think 10 -11 cars actually made it for this trip. All the way up to Genting's First World Hotel to have Starbucks.

The best part of the whole trip which only lasted 15-20mins in total from the pump station to the top was keeping up with Rally legend "YS Khong". FYI, he was testing the new and current version of the Honda Civic 2.0L i-VTEC. Mind you it's an Automatic tranny car!. I'm happy that I could lose all the other Putra's that could drive fast in a straight line and keep up with uncle YS. I could only keep up with him. :)

So after all that, it was 4am when i got into bed. Then I woke up at 8am and couldn't sleep anymore. I decided to hang around for some GT4 on the the PS2 and when I left KL it was 8:45pm. Afraid of being too tired and the possibility of dozing off at the wheel, I decided to get back to PG as fast as possible (without killing myself ahuh). 1 pit stop at Tapah for Fuel. 2hours 30mins later I made it to the Juru toll in PG.

Then it was back to work as usual on Monday.

No comments: