Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Grassroots Racing Autocross

An end to a very very good weekend in KL. Took part in my 2nd event since my car has been fixed.

Friday
Started work early around 5am and finished at 2pm. Left for KL at 3pm and upon arriving cutie and me had dinner with her gang. Had japanese at Oh-Sushi in Mid Valley. It's a so so restraunt, I would personally save money and eat buffet sushi at Waka. LoL. Ran some errands and called it a day around 2am.

Saturday
Tried to wake up early but alas the bed overpowered me. Left for YSKhong workshop around 1pm. Helped out with some stuff and signed in for the AutoX event. Around 4pm all competitors had to scrutineer their cars. It was raining, pouring rain! After the rain subsided around 5pm we all had to stick competition stickers on the car.

After meeting up with friends and talking I made a move to have dinner at cutie's place. Bak Kut Teh dinner. Not bad, haven't had that for a while. Duck was nice.

Then cutie and me headed out to meet her gang again for ice cream at Swensen's! I decided to try something else this time....a banana split. Cutie had her favorite...Coit Tower.

Sunday
An early start for a Sunday. Had to be at KLCC car park where the event is held at 7am. As usual there were people who came in late. We did our course walk as many times as possible, I made sure i could take a close line to the cones.

The event finally started:

Run 1 - 44.25 seconds
Road was semi dry surface, patches of shallow mud and puddles of water. Was slippery but very fun with the hand brakes.

Run 2 - 42.35 seconds
The road was now DRY. Dusty with sand. Was not slippery like the 1st run, was more grippy. Managed to get my best time of the day.

Run 3 - 42.91 seconds
Hot dry surface like the 2nd run. Pushed my car to the limit, well i over did it a little at one point that would have cost me nearly 1 sec.

By the time the event finished it was around 6pm. It rained for a while at the prize giving session. Though I wished it rained while we were doing our runs. Grrr. I managed to finish 1st in Class A - Cars Below 1300cc, 1st in Class Novice and 1st in Class K-Car (Small car category). The best part is I was able to beat 19 other competitors and tire vouchers. My closest competitor was YK Chan, OMG he is fast. But I do respect his smooth driving.

I am glad that GRA made an event that everyone can join and participate. It's the best way to give an opportunity to young drivers to exprience technical driving in a closed envrioment. Apart from the event the car demo by car guru Ivan Khong was spectacular.

A good and worth wild weekend indeed. I loved the company I had...Cutie...*muakks*. My lucky charm hhmm? LoL.

Would like to shoutout to Ian Khong, Jiannin and everyone else who made this event possible. I'm looking forward for the next one in January 2006.

Cheers!

No comments: