Monday, January 12, 2009

A new Hobby

I've always been a fan of photography, when I had the chance to play around with one I'd ask a million questions. Really got into it sometime last year but I didn't manage to buy one then. But it's a new year and I didn't really get myself a present :)

After talking to a few friends who have experience in DSLR cameras I was really looking forward to getting one. It seems alot of people are getting a DSLR and I can understand why, it is pretty cheap to start now compared to 5-10 years ago where film would be a factor.


So I went shopping and tested both the Canon 450D and Nikon D90. Although you can't compare the models because one is a higher range than the other, but I wanted a unit that would last for quite some time. After much comparing and reading I decided to go with Canon. Why Canon? Because of the price, Nikon is known for it's vibrant colors but when it comes down to the important part which are the lens, they cost more. Canon on the other hand is sharp and lens cost nearly twice less than Nikon. But I must say that the Nikon D90 was really excellent, feel of the body and everything else was great, but it was way out of my budget. Guess I might just consider that as a 2nd body in the future.



I also decided to add the EF 50mm f/1.8 that really makes shooting indoors so much more fun. Here's a photo of Zoey :



I'll be posting more photos from time to time, enjoy.

Special thanks to William, Zey, Jack Loh, Admiral & Others for all their advise and guidance!

2 comments:

HarbX said...

I'm expecting more and more kick ass pics ok.

No excuses wan ah!

Unknown said...

Lol. I'll do my best!