Monday, February 06, 2006

2nd Month of 2006

It's already February? What happen to January? LoL.

The past weekend was nice, being around with friends and just hanging out and getting time out from work.

Friday 3rd Feb 2006
My team planned to have a BBQ dinner on Saturday. So Liana, Wai Hoong and Me (thanks cutie) went out to Tesco to buy some stuff to prepare for the BBQ. That was the first time I went to buy a whole chicken, we bought 5 chicks!

After that I made my way to Gurney Plaza to meet up SK and Brian, we had dinner at DOME. Was my first time trying out Dome food, I had coffee and tea there before but never the food. The food.......mmm....wazOk.

Then we did some window shopping before heading to play a few rounds of Pool. It seems that sitting outside of Starbucks is inevitable when you're free, a coffee lover and have nothing else better to do, sipping a cup of hot latte, chatting the night away and looking at the people who pass by. But I think making comments on people are fun with close friends.

After we got sick of sitting with empty cups we made a move and.....we decided to drive around the island to pass the time. I managed to show them the narrow routes of Teluk Bahang.

Off to bed.....3am.

Saturday 4th Feb 2006
10:30am was on the clock.......zzzzzzz......then the phone rings, "Do you want to join us for lunch?" mum was on the phone. I was like "...ok sure...". Got cutie along and went for lunch just opposite the Ferry terminal. This seafood restraunt was built under a big tree, funny I never noticed it before. We joined Mum, Dad, Julia, Aunt Bee Lan and Aunt Gina and had a feast of seafood specials. Aunt Gina was from KL and she wanted to munch down on all the good seafood in Penang. Hawker food is still the best and I agree to that. Then once again with some time to spare we all headed to Coffee Bean at Gurney Hotel to wash down the seafood.

Then it was time to leave and prepare for the night. I had a BBQ dinner and chicken to marinate, cutie on the other hand went to visit some relatives on the mainland.

So it was 4:30pm and I was already at Wai Hoong's place with Liana and preparing the food for tonight's BBQ. We even bought a packet of 'Yee Sang' which is suppose to be a prosperous dish.

6:30pm most people have arrived and we helped each other bringing the food down to the BBQ pit. I was appointed FIRESTARTER and CHARCOAL BEARER! Setting up the fire was a breeze, took me about 20 mins to get a good BON FIRE! Hahahahah. We started having the first bite around 7:10pm...mmm foood foooodd. Yea we were all getting hungry. The BBQ lasted up till 11pm before we packed and cleaned up, most importantly we threw the big guy into the pool! Lol. Then upstairs for a round of blackjack.

2:00am...bed.

Sunday 5th Feb 2006
Memory block....i can't seem to remember what I did. :(

No comments: