Thursday, March 05, 2009

Driving in a Traffic Jam

I wonder how people drive in a jam which moves only a couple of feet every 10-20 seconds. I'm pretty sure people know they won't get very far even if they move super close to the vehicle in front you. That got me wondering how people actually manage to hit the car in front when it is stationary.

That incident happened to me before and especially today. Luckily it was just a nudge, after all the other accidents I've been in and seen, every time I stop I make sure to look at the car which is coming up behind me. Believe me that helped me in one accident in a jam on the highway near the Damansara exit which was slight uphill, I stopped and even had time to put the car into neutral gear and also pulled the handbrake, I noticed the car behind me speeding up and not slowing down, imagine that I even had time to brace myself for the impact....in a jam.

So I wonder, what's wrong? Why do people have to stop so close to the car in front? So close that if you make a mistake you won't even have the time to correct it. What I'm trying to say here is please keep a safe distance from the car in front of you and pay attention!

Guess I was lucky this time, but if anything major did happen, that guy would have had a piece of my mind.

No comments: