Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Movie Review : Ip Man



I hardly watch Chinese movies. Majority of them have the same type of plot and after a while it gets boring. A couple of months ago I was told about this movie from a friend, "Good show, must watch if possible". To my surprise, I found a copy of this movie at home, in my home town. Seems my younger brother actually bought it, that was weird. Anyhoo, this movie is EXCELLENT! I hardly watch movies 2 times in a row on the same day, even less for a Chinese flick. I saw this movie twice on the same day! Maybe it's because I am a martial arts fan, I've always been mesmerized by what some martial art masters can do. I myself took up Karate in my teenage years, guess I just lacked the discipline to go all the way to the end. What really caught my attention before watching the show is that it is a true semi-biography about Bruce Lee's master! I must say that this is the most enjoyable Chinese movie I've watched for quite a while. Fight scenes were smooth and brutal, the flow of the show kept everyone watching glued to the TV. So go watch it.

Andy's Movie-O-Meter : 9.5/10

No comments: