Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Car Review : VW EOS



4 seater, 2-door, convertible? What more could you ask for in a car? I had a chance to ride in the new EOS a couple of weeks back and I must say that I was impressed! I'd never knew that VW was into the small car market. I'm not a convertible kinda guy but I was definitely blown away with this model. How would I describe it? It's as close as owning a real Transformer, I love the way the top folds down into the back, definitely a head turner on the streets.

Powered by a 2.0 Liter Turbo FSI engine coupled with the 6-speed Direct Shift Gearbox or DSG for short, expect to be pushed back by the G-Forces. Turbo FSI outputs around 200PS and does 0-100km/h in about 7.9 seconds is great for a small car like this. Suspension does feel sturdy enough to take corners and provides a smooth ride on the flats. I must say it's a car that I wouldn't mind driving to the club, with the top down.

On the outside the car looks almost normal, you would look at the car twice and ask yourself, is that a 2-door? looks like a convertible?. 17" rims come standard on the car which is okay, it would look much better with some after market rims but it does the job well.



I'd only hope to be able to test drive one soon :)

No comments: